1) Category Settings
- Clicking on ‘Edit’ on the Categories page will reveal the individual category settings page.
2) Category Name & Description
- Can be edited by clicking on the text.
3) Background & Text Colors
- Can be changed by clicking and either entering a hex color code or selecting from a color picker.
4) Background Image Size
- (Not supported by all themes.) For sizing theme background image.
5) Custom Class
- Allows custom CSS attributes to be entered.
6) # of Recent Replies
- Controls the number of recent replies to be displayed.
7) External Link
- Allows the category link to open an external website in a new browser window.
- Allows a new category image to be uploaded from a local computer.
9) Category Image
- Allows a URL reference to be used in place of the uploaded category image.
10) Parent Category
- Allows a category to be placed under another as a sub-category.
11) Copy settings from
- Allows copying settings and privileges from another category.
12) Purge Category
- Allows all topics and posts in category to be deleted.
13) Save changes
- The ‘disk’ button at the bottom of the page saves any changes made to category settings. Changes that are not saved will be discarded after leaving this page.