Accessing Flagged Content for Moderation
Within a NodeBB forum, users are able to flag content for moderation. Users are able to specify why they believe a particular post should be flagged.
Once flagged, a post will appear within the Flagged Content control panel, which is accessible to Administrators and Moderators. Flagged Content can be opened for these users by clicking on their profile image, which typically appears in the top right corner of the screen on most forums.
The Flagged Content defaults to showing most recently flagged content, but may be sorted and filtered via the options on the left of the screen.
Individual posts include information and a number of possible actions that may be taken.
A flag's State may be used to filter flagged content, and allows other Mods to see the current state of action. Possible flag States include:
- Work in Progress
Flags may be assigned to a individual Mod, who will receive a notification. Notes can view by other Mods. Mods can also see a history of the actions taken with regard to this flag.
Moderation actions include:
- Delete Post
- Message the poster via chat
- Ban the account temporarily, in a time period set in either hours or days
- Ban the account permanently
- Mute the account temporarily (muted users can view forum content but not post or communicate via chat)
- Permanently remove the user's content but leave the user account in place
- Permanently remove the user
- Permanently remove the user and their content